I can’t believe it’s been almost a year since my last blog post. Y’all have been keeping us really busy in the shop — Thanks very much to all of our great customers!
Here’s a quick overview of the latest…
- We continue to work on finishing our shop space. It will be two years in August since we moved into the new space. The pole barn we moved into had mostly gravel floor and bare walls; not to mention a missing barn door. Let’s just say it’s been a bit of work getting the barn up to speed and keeping the shop running. Thank goodness for family and friends who pitched in! And we are almost there. Just a few more small projects and we will call the remodel good for a few years.
- We plan to finally add more help files, pics and videos to the site this summer. I get to answer all the emails from people who are confused about the terminology we use in our forms, so I know it’s not as easy as it should be. I want to fix that this summer. As a start I posted a short video of a shop overview:
- Some people may have noticed the entire site is now secure (the padlock in your browser address bar). Before today we were only enforcing a secure connection on the store pages. The latest best practice is to secure all pages of a site, so we have made that change.
- I will be making further changes to the site around July 1st. To allow for a bit of a break and to work on the machines, we usually shut the shop down for a week around July 4th and again Jan 1. During this year’s summer “vacation” I am planning on making some changes to things behind the scenes of the site so we may close the site for a day or so at a time. I will keep everyone posted once we have more details on the plan.
- Finally, I expect lead times to stay about the same for the time being. We have been running 3-5 days for EPP sheet, 7-10 days for Quick order Cores, and 14-21 days for Custom Cores. We usually do slow down in the Summer, but I have plenty of other projects to keep me busy, so projected lead times will not change. Perhaps once we get the barn done and the site updated we can speed things up by a few days, but no promises at this point. Thanks for your understanding!